Co-Parenting Divorce Guide
For most people, divorce is much more than a major legal process; it’s a challenging time of transition that can impact virtually every area of your life. Topping the list of the most emotionally charged aspects of divorce: how to parent the children with an ex-spouse.
Divorce in These Uncertain Times Webinar
If the COVID-19 quarantine has you contemplating whether it may be time for you and your spouse to part ways, you are certainly not alone. Over the course of the pandemic, divorce rates have been sharply on the rise.
Rosanne DeTorres, Esq., discusses that calculation in our on-demand webinar, Alimony. In this webinar, we review the different types of alimony, how long it should be paid and in what amounts.
Graying Marriage and Divorce Webinar
Porzio Wealth Preservation Principal Deirdre Wheatley-Liss and DeTorres and DeGeorge Family Law Managing Partner Rosanne DeTorres discuss the unique challenges to divorcing or marrying later in life.
What to Expect in a Domestic Violence Proceeding Webinar
Domestic violence is a serious issue in our society and affects people from all walks of life in every socio-economic situation.
Custody & Parenting Time Webinar
Divorce is tough on everyone, especially kids. It is important to ensure that your family’s custody agreement provides the best situation for your children.
Same Sex Marriage and Divorce Webinar
What are the differences between a civil union, domestic partnership and same sex marriage? And, how do those differences affect you in the case of divorce?
Businesses, Business Owners and Divorce Webinar
If you are a business owner that is considering divorce, you are probably wondering how your business will be distributed and how your business’s value will be affected during the process?
Divorce in a Nutshell Webinar
This webinar focuses on the three major areas every divorce must address. We answer the top 10 questions we receive from clients regarding legal fees, custody and the length of the divorce process. Also, we will cover the first few steps of the process, so you know what to expect before you get started.
Prenuptial Agreements Webinar
The subject of prenuptial agreements is not an easy or desirable one to discuss while planning a wedding; however, having one in place can help you avoid an even tougher discourse in the event of divorce.
By creating a prenuptial or premarital agreement with your fiancé prior to getting married, you have the ability to dictate how your property and income will be distributed – or not distributed – should your impending marriage fail.
Domestic Violence Webinar
In 2014, the Prevention of Domestic Violence Act passed, yet that year, there were still 62,055 domestic violence offenses reported by the police.
Victims of domestic violence come from all social and economic backgrounds and can include spouses, children and elders. Rosanne DeTorres, Esq. will answer your questions about domestic violence in this webinar.
The Children & Divorce Guide helps you in these ways:
- Deciding when and how to tell your children
- A simple checklist to ensure a child-friendly divorce
- 5 tips for keeping your kids out of conflict during your divorce
- Expert advice, articles & more!
The Divorce Guide helps you in these ways:
- Understand important steps in the legal process, with advice on how to select and work with your lawyers, the ins and outs of mediation and what to expect from your judge
- Navigate parental complexities, including how to break it to your kids, tips for successful cooperative parenting and co-parenting with a difficult ex-spouse
- Think through the financial nuances to ensure you land on a foundation of financial stability
- Manage your physical and emotional health
The Divorce Process Guide helps you in these ways:
- Learn the process, start to finish—from filing the petition thorough to final judgement
- Anticipate what’s expected throughout each step
- Understand who’s involved and their respective roles
- Clarify additional questions
The Financial Divorce Guide helps you in these ways:
- Prepare for your settlement negotiation process with a step-by-step guide on how to document your current financial situation, tips for successful negotiation and worksheets to help you get organized
- Understand how the division of assets works, what’s required during the financial disclosure process and how to spot red flags of fraudulent behavior in your ex-spouse
- Take control of your financial future by learning mistakes to avoid, how to be a financially responsible single parent and steps to securing your financial future