On average, 24 people per minute are victims of rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner in the United States. Nearly three in 10 women and one in 10 men in the United States have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by a partner. And nearly half of all women and men in the United States have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
Domestic violence is a serious issue in our society and affects people from all walks of life in every socio-economic situation. We are offering you this free webinar on domestic violence to help you understand your rights and the steps you need to take to protect yourself and your loved ones.
In this webinar on domestic violence, Carolyn Hand explains how to file a restraining order, the different restraining orders available to domestic violence victims, and what to expect in a domestic violence proceeding in New Jersey.
Our domestic violence webinar more specifically covers issues such as:
- What is domestic violence
- What constitutes harassment
- Domestic violence statute
- Temporary restraining orders versus final restraining orders
- What to expect at a domestic violence trial with each court appearance
- How to be prepared for court appearances
- Tips for handling cross examination
- Commonly used objections and legal language
- What happens if there are criminal charges involved
- What the court considers when determining whether to grant or deny a final restraining order
- What relief can be granted under a final restraining order
- What happens if a final restraining order is denied
Our domestic violence webinar can help relieve anxieties and provide information you need. Please download our domestic violence webinar today.