Alimony & Spousal Support Webinar
Are you confused by the alimony and spousal support system? Are you wondering whether you may be entitled to receive money or be obligated to pay?
Whether they are the party who might be paying it or the person who will be receiving it, alimony seems to be a bit of a mystery to the average person. While some states have a formula to determine it, commonly known as the 1/3 rule, New Jersey does not. There is no average alimony payment in New Jersey.
Instead, statute contains a series of factors that the court must consider when determining an appropriate amount in a particular case. The overall theme, however, is one party’s needs versus the other party’s ability to pay.
Rosanne DeTorres, Esq., is the managing partner and co-founder of DeTorres & DeGeorge Family Law. She is one of only 150 attorneys in the State of NJ that is certified by the NJ Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.
In this on-demand webinar, she discusses alimony FAQs including what is spousal support? And how does alimony work?
Topics covered in the Alimony and Spousal Support Webinar
- Different types of divorce alimony including pendente lite, limited duration or term, rehabilitative, and reimbursement
- Biggest alimony and spousal support misconceptions
- More than 14 major factors to consider in determining how long alimony it should be paid and in what amounts
- Current relevant tax laws and how they may affect your case
- Common strategies for resolving alimony such as buy-outs, step-downs, offsets, and waivers
- Enforcing alimony and spousal support obligations
- Modifying or terminating alimony in the future
- Securing obligations
Download our webinar today so you know what to expect.